Ladies Competitions 2018
The Competition Dates for 2018 and the FORMS for entry to the Championships and Competitions are now available. Please follow all instructions for delivery deadline and payment notified on the forms.
- 2018 COMPETITION DATES (1 landscape page)
- 2018 TREASURERS CHAMPIONSHIPS & COMPS SUMMARY SHEET (1 portrait page)
- 2018 CHAMPIONSHIPS & GENERAL COMPETITIONS ENTRY FORMS (2 landscape pages)
Finals Day 2017 – Congratulations to all
Our Finals Day was held at Leicester Bowling Club. Congratulations to all who took part. Results as follows...
| 4wd Singles Championship ||Jennie Groves (Birstall)||Jamie Winch (Kingscroft)|
| 2wd Singles Championship||Jamie Winch (Kingscroft)||Nicola Hughes (Kingscroft)|
| Pairs Championship||Jan Elliott, Carol Dixon (New Lount)||Jennie Groves, Di Hurst (Birstall)|
| Triples Championship||Sally-Ann Lewis-Wall, Mandy Blankley,|
Jamie Winch (Kingscroft)
|Jill Cleaver, Kath Murray,|
Janet Irons (Blaby)
| Fours Championship||Hayley Smith, Nikkie Hollis,|
Carol Dixon, Lynn Green (New Lount)
|Rosemary Groves, Jan Everitt,|
Jennie Groves, Di Hurst (Birstall)
| Junior Singles Championship||Alice Atkin (Ashby)||Molly Smith (Ashby)|
| Champion of Champions||Pa Walker (Birstall)||Jacquie Watson (Coalville)|
| Unbadged Singles||Jan Elliott (New Lount)||Louise Butler (Coalville) |
| Secretary & Delegates Salver||Sally-Ann Lewis-Wall (Kingscroft)||Brenda Galubickas (Kegworth)|
The documents below are presented in PDF format for ease of reading.
Behaviour in Competitions and Matches
Leicestershire has a tradition of fair play and courtesy to opposition players. Please note that the Etiquette guidelines on behaviour are no longer in the County Yearbook. These guidelines are noted here and access to a PDF format that you can download and print is available from this page. It is right and proper for us to mantain a stance on behaviour without resorting to additional rules to those provided in the Laws of the Sport of Bowls and Bowls England Regulations 50-70: Appendix C: Code of Conduct for Competitors in Bowls England National Championship/Competition Finals. Please note that the nature of Misconduct is covered in Bowls England Disciplinary Regulation 9. In addition... a guidance booklet is available from Bowls England. We recommend Clubs purchase copies for New Bowlers as an Introduction to the game.
- Dress correctly for all games.
- Greet your own team members and opponents at the start of the game and congratulate and compliment them at the end of play.
- Compliment your opponent on a good shot.
- Admit to a fluke with good grace.
- Stand still when a player is on the mat.
- Do not walk or make a noise behind the mat when a player is about to deliver a bowl.
- Remain behind the mat or behind the head when it is not your turn to play. As soon as your bowl has come to rest, possession of the rink passes to your opponent.
- Keep to your own rink. Do not become a wanderer and distract other bowlers. Walk down the centre of your rink when you are changing ends.
- On sunny days be aware of your shadow. Do not let it mask the jack or permit it to fall in front of the mat when a player is about to bowl.
- Try to avoid obscuring boundary pegs, rink plates or rink markers.
- Never criticise your opponent, the Green, or your own team members. If you cannot say something positive – say nothing at all.
- Pay attention, concentrate on the game. It is frustrating to your team mates if you are not giving full attention and best effort. Socialise after the game.
- Always appear to be enjoying the game.
- Stand well back from the head when drive shots are being played and warn others.
- Learn the laws of the sport and abide by them.
- Be a gracious winner and a good loser.
BEHAVIOUR (ETIQUETTE) TOWARDS FELLOW BOWLERS.
Draw & Results 2018
The Competitions Draw took place on Monday 22 January. The draws will be posted on the website as soon as available. Untilavailable, last years draws and results can be picked up here. Publication of the new draws replace the previous results.
Select a Competition ICON below to view the play dates, draw and results. Click on FINALS links below for details and results of finals. If you wish to download copies of Championships etc by AREA please click on links below. Please note JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS are drawn openly on the event days.
Championships (Leamington Competitions)
|4WD SINGLES||2WD SINGLES||PAIRS||TRIPLES||OPEN FOURS||SNR FOURS |
|AREA 2||GROUP A|
|AREA 4||GROUP B|
|FINAL STAGES||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS |
|U25 SINGLES||U25 PAIRS|